Wednesday, January 10, 2007

January BeatRoute

I have a drawing in this month's BeatRoute which came out on Saturday. Unfortunately they cropped my illustration... I guess they needed the space. I realise that they're rushed and that everything happens last minute, but I wish they had asked me, or at least told me, that they were cropping it. It's not the end of the world, and I guess she still looks okay, but it was dissapointing to flip to the back page to see her in her clausterphobic state.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's ashame, I found the white space to reflect her need for something more, it's more than just white space.
And if they provided you with dimensions you adhered to then it should have been a non-issue.
I'm sorry hon.

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Thanks. They did give me dimensions and I did adhere to them.

Anonymous said...

Magazines shouldn't be taking liberties with the illustrations they use. All they usually buy is the right to print them as they are, and even in the case of a buy out the illustrator still holds the moral rights. I'm no expert on all this stuff but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Unknown said...

Don't you hate that? I've had that happen too.
I just got some book samples that I did illustrations for and on the hardcover version, an eyeball looks to have been rubber stamped smack dap in the middle! Haha! I'm sure it was an accident though. I'm just glad it wasn't my mistake!

ps: I just got your message on my blog. Thanks for visiting!

http://miss-wiggly.livejournal.com/