Sunday, February 25, 2007

Portraits for Zodiac

These are some sketches I did of the main actors in the film Zodiac. The one on the top is Jake Gyllenhaal, bottom left is Robert Downey Jr. and bottom right is Mark Ruffalo. I tried to draw them the way they look in the movie. I haven't done a lot of portraits so this was a good experience for me. I like how Mark Ruffalo turned out the best.

These sketches were part of an illustration I'm working on for Swerve Magazine based on the movie Zodiac and its director, David Fincher. I'll post the final tomorrow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
© 2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the Mark Ruffalo sketch too. Good likeness.

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Thanks Alisa.

Actually it does look a bit like Tividar. However, he's gotten older. He has wrinkles and his hair is short and has more gray. I saw him at an art opening a couple weeks ago.