Saturday, July 21, 2007

Our Elopement

I took the day off yesterday. I didn't go to my day job and I didn't work on the paintings for my book. Instead, Dario and I went to the park by our house and eloped.
We had a very small and simple ceremony, just he and I and a couple witnesses. I chose my best friend, Erin Horne, and Dario picked his childhood friend from Montreal, Andrew Stevens.

Here are a few pictures that Andrew took after the ceremony.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Erin made us these one-of-a-kind wedding bands. We love them - they're exactly what we wanted. You can't really see the detail in this photo, but the rings are textured and have some blackened areas. They're really cool. Thanks Erin.

Now I'm back to working on the children's book. I'll post some more sketches soon.

9 comments:

-- said...

I so happy I married you!!

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

I too.

xo

sophan said...

congratulation :)

Lucia said...

Wow, congratulations! You both have fantastic hair too :o)

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Thanks guys :)

Alex said...

congrats, you guys look so happy and beautiful together.

Lulu said...

congrats couple!!! lovely to see happy couples out there :) :) :)

and congrats as well for your work, I love it!

And... thank you for your blog. It's interesting, sweet, beautiful, and above all, cosy! I feel at home ;)

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Lulu,
Thank you so much for your kind words. You just made my day:)

Lulu said...

Good! you make mine very often ;) don't change!