Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sketches/process for Aron James album

I started working on an album design for Aaron James in October of 2007. Aaron wasn't sure about what he wanted so I did a ton of sketches in the beginning trying to come up with something he'd like. It took a while, and we even changed directions at one point, but he eventually decided that he wanted a suitcase on the front of his album.

Here are some of the variations on that theme which I sent him:
Photobucket
©2008

Although he didn't end up choosing this version, I still liked it and painted it for the Calgary Crime Stoppers Gala silent auction (the final was posted on March 14/08).
Photobucket
©2008

He ended up preferring a more straight foreward suitcase. This is the sketch we went with:
Photobucket
©2008

I'll post the finals tomorrow.