Saturday, April 18, 2009

promo for the children's market

This promo ended up being very time consuming. I started working on it last fall in my free time - coming up with ideas in September, starting to paint the images in November and finally getting it printed a few weeks ago. I've always sent out postcards so I thought I'd try something a bit more involved this time, like a booklet. The folding of this piece is a bit complex and it's taken me about 5 hours to fold 60 of them. I'm pretty happy with how it all came together and I'm hoping it will lead to some new clients. I'll be mailing them this week.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
©2009 Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli

7 comments:

kate b. said...

oh my god that is so great! i loooooove the boy when it folds out completely and the slit is his mouth! that is a wonderful idea, i'm sure whoever gets them will be more than pleasantly surprised

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Thanks Kate. That's what I'm hoping for :)

wronghand said...

That looks superb! Save one for me, we can trade or something. Congrats.

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

I already had one for you :)

ArtSparker said...

Oh my goodness, what a nice piece. the foldout is very clever. Came over from Matt Dawson's

matt dawson said...

Very impressive and sure to bear fruit. I saw a leaflet with that folding design a while back and always thought it had the makings of a great promo piece... you've proved that right...LOVE the 'free' poster idea!

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Thanks so much, Matt :)
I felt the same way when I saw a template for it last fall. I was already wanting to do a booklet, but this idea seemed a bit more unique.