Tuesday, August 25, 2009

dolls & marionettes

Yesterday afternoon I spent several hours at the Museum of Childhood. They have tons of old toys: all kinds of dolls, doll houses, miniature furniture, elaborate train sets, tin toys, teddy bears, bikes, board games... There was an entire floor of old dolls from around the world that I really enjoyed. My favorites were the creepy marionettes. I found the museum to be really inspiring. It's only about a 10 minute walk from our flat and it's free so I can go back as many times as I want. And I will.

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

-- said...

Was it indeed the loudest museum in the world?

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

It wasn't 'library' quiet, but it wasn't loud.

Karen Klassen said...

it was great to hear your voice! thanks for calling.

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

No prob. Nice to hear your voice too :)

Jill said...

Old dolls are always a bit spooky, something about all those imaginary lives they've lived. Was fascinated to see your favourite book was the Charles Keeping, Joseph's Yard. It was one I bought when I first taught - it eventually fell apart.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Your blog is amazing and very beautiful too. I enjoyed looking at your sketches. You are so very talented and it shows. great blog you have too.

Lise said...

Your sketches are really nice, I love your faces ! I'm glad to discover your blog :)