Sunday, August 2, 2009

our adventure began in eastern canada

We left Calgary for the last time early Thursday morning, July 16. We flew to Toronto and then to Fredericton, New Brunswick. I had never been there before and it was beautiful - lots of trees and green and surprisingly rocky.

From there we spent a few days in Quebec city. I absolutely loved it - so vibrant and colorful. I especially loved the old part with the wall that encloses it.

We took a train from there to Montreal, where we visited some family and literally checked out every part of the city. I have transit stubs from almost all of the stations. Montreal is really a wonderful city. I hope to live there for a while when we get back to Canada.

We took a bus to Ottawa, spent a day there checking out the city and then boarded a plane for London on Tuesday, July 28th.

Here are a few photos from our last days in Canada...

some fantastic signage from edmundston, new brunswick
Photobucket

Photobucket

grand falls
Photobucket

me and my hubby at grand falls (i got a hair cut before we left)
Photobucket

old quebec city
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

montreal
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: