Friday, March 22, 2013

flat storage


I've never had a proper place to store my artwork. In the past I've just used large, corrugated cardboard folders that I kept wedged behind furniture.  When we bought our house last summer and I found myself with an entire room to use as my studio, the first piece of furniture I wanted to get was flat files. I quickly discovered that the real ones were out of my price range, and I wan't able to track down any used ones.

Ikea ended up having something that suited my needs perfectly; it also fit my budget.  The shallow drawers are not quite wide enough to fit large sheets of watercolour paper, but since I mostly work smaller than that it's the right size to hold my original art. It also tucks right in under the table that my scanner and printer sit on.

I finally bought and assembled it a few weeks ago.





Could that be art prints peeking out of the drawer? More on that later :)

2 comments:

Ashley Barron said...

Hi Jacqueline, I'm a Toronto-based illustrator, and having just browsed your blog I wanted to express my enthusiasm for the very same Ikea flat drawers. I have the same one and I use it to separate all of my paper scraps by colour. Also looks as though I have the same Epson scanner as you. Keep up the great work! Cheers, Ashley

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Thanks Ashley :) Just checked out your website - love your work! So vibrant and well composed. Congrats on the lovely books.